Thursday, December 11, 2014

Love Your Body


While doing research for this blog, I came across a page that, I'll admit, I kind of fangirled over. First, I'll explain a little bit about the organization. The NOW Foundation is an organization that is devoted to achieving full equality for women. It focuses much of it's attention on women's rights issues, including women's health and body image and representation of women in the media. As I was exploring their website, I came upon their Love Your Body page. This campaign challenges the medias message "that a women's value is best measured through her willingness and ability to embody current beauty standards." They announced that this year on October 14th it was Love Your Body Day. On their page you can read more about their campaign, how you can support them, and how to Love Your Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment